Project Rachel is here to reach out to those hurting emotionally and spiritually after involvement with an abortion. Without a doubt, abortion can be one of the most traumatic experiences in a person’s life. Often, with abortion, it seemed the only solution at the time. Feelings of grief, anxiety, guilt and anger are common not only for the woman who undergoes an abortion but for the man involved, relatives, friends and even medical personnel. The pain of loss is often buried initially but may be manifested by relationship difficulties, depression or other emotional or spiritual problems.
If you’re suffering because of an abortion, don’t suffer alone. If you are experiencing any of these feelings or others, Project Rachel is here to assist you in your recovery.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.
Friendship & Emotional Support
“Rachel’s Vineyard” Weekend Retreats
“Rachel’s Vineyard” Healing & Recovery Program
If you are experiencing emotional or spiritual difficulties from a past abortion or abortions, you are not alone. Catholic Charities is hosting a Rachel’s Vineyard healing and recovery retreat October 16-18, 2020 at the Christ Prince of Peace Retreat Center in Benton, TN. Complete confidentiality is honored at all times. The deadline for registration is October 9, 2020. If you are unable to attend a weekend retreat, one-on-one counseling is available with counselors who have been trained in this area. For more information, please contact Sandi Davidson (865) 776-4510 email@example.com.