Whether you are an individual looking to lend a hand or a group seeking a service project, you’ve come to the right place! If you feel you have a special talent or skill that could be useful to a specific program, please submit a request below indicating which program you are interested in. Requests will be forwarded to the appropriate Program Leader(s).
Immediate Volunteer Needs:
Children’s Emergency Shelter (CES) – Knoxville
• The Children’s Emergency Shelter has an urgent need for a Registered Nurse to conduct Medication Training to staff on an as-needed basis (1-3 times per year). All training and testing materials will be provided and must be conducted by an RN, per DCS regulations. The training lasts approximately two (2) hours and would be needed for new staff and/or as previous 2-year certifications expire. Please indicate “Medication Training” in the request form below.
Emergency Shelter Services – Knoxville
• CCETN’s Emergency Shelter Services in Knoxville (Samaritan Place and Children’s Emergency Shelter) is looking for volunteer(s) to conduct Adult, Child/Infant CPR & First Aid training on an as‑needed basis (1-3 times per year) to new staff and renewal of certifications. CCETN would cover any costs to process cards/certifications. Please indicate “First Aid/CPR Training” in the request form below.
Volunteer Coordinator – Knoxville
• Catholic Charities of East Tennessee (CCETN) has an on-going volunteer opportunity for a Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with CCETN’s nine programs to assess needs and develop volunteer opportunities in order to effectively utilize a volunteer force. Please click here for a full description. If interested, please indicate “Volunteer Coordinator” in the request form below.
Pregnancy Help Centers – Knoxville, Chattanooga, LaFollette, Jellico, Johnson City
• The Pregnancy Help Centers are looking for volunteers to help with their Earn While You Learn Program. They are in need of English and Spanish speaking volunteers. Training is provided and schedules are flexible. Please indicate “Pregnancy Help Center” and the location in the request form below.
Horizon Houses – Knoxville, Maryville, and Morristown
• The Horizon Houses are in need of volunteers to help out with daily living skills to include cooking, budgeting, information in particular areas, music, and gardening. These volunteers need a heart to help the mentally ill. Please indicate “Horizon Houses” in the request form below.
Program Volunteer Requirements
All volunteers who will be in contact with clients on an ongoing basis must be over the age of 18 and will be required to complete a volunteer packet which includes application with references, Diocese of Knoxville Misconduct Policy Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement, background releases, and Virtus Training Certification. Our Children’s Programs have additional requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Catholic Charities of East Tennessee!