We welcome you to Catholic Charities of East Tennessee and hope that we can provide you with the type of volunteer experience you are seeking. Your gifts of time, skill, and caring assist our staff in meeting their responsibilities and enhance the lives of our clients. Our volunteer opportunities are as varied as our programs and services.
If you feel you have a special talent or skill that could be useful to a specific program, please submit a request below indicating which program you are interested in. Requests will be forwarded to the appropriate Program Leader(s). If there is volunteer need, you will be contacted by the Program Leader within 14 days.
Office of Immigrant Services – Knoxville
- The Office of Immigrant Services office in Knoxville is looking for an volunteer office assistant. The volunteer must be fluent in English and Spanish. Please indicate “Office of Immigrant Services” in the request form below.
Pregnancy Help Center
- The Pregnancy Help Centers in Knoxville, Chattanooga, LaFollette, and Johnson City are looking for volunteers to help with their Earn While You Learn Program. They are in need of English and Spanish speaking volunteers. Training is provided and schedules are flexible. Please indicate “Pregnancy Help Center” in the request form below.
- The Horizon Houses (Knoxville & Maryville) are in need of volunteers to help out with daily living skills to include cooking, budgeting, information in particular areas, music, and gardening. These volunteers need a heart to help the mentally ill. Please indicate “Horizon Houses” in the request form below.
Staff Training Needs
- The CCETN Residential Programs are looking for RNs to conduct Medication Training to employees on an as-needed basis. All training materials will be provided. The training lasts approximately 2 hours and would be needed as new hires come in and as previous certifications expire. Please indicate “Medication Training” in the request form below.
- The CCETN Residential Programs are looking for volunteers conduct First Aid/CPR training on an as‑needed basis. Please indicate “First Aid/CPR Training” in the request form below.
All volunteers who will be in contact with clients on an ongoing basis will be required to complete a volunteer packet which includes application with references, Diocese of Knoxville Misconduct Policy Agreement, Confidentiality Agreement, background releases, and Virtus Training Certification. Our Children’s Programs require additional documentation which includes doctor’s release, current TB test, and proof high school graduation or GED. Background and reference checks will be run on all ongoing volunteers with client contact.
Volunteers are asked to help cover the first $10.00 toward the cost of the background checks for most programs. For Children’s Programs, $75.00 toward the cost of background checks is requested. Catholic Charities of East Tennessee bears all additional costs of screening.
Select your region below to explore volunteer opportunities in your area. Thank you for your interest in Catholic Charities of East Tennessee!