Hope Kitchen is more than food boxes and a soup kitchen. We serve love, compassion, dignity and hope. Our mission is to ensure that each person’s body and spirit is nourished so that they can focus on moving forward and finding stability along the way.
Hope Kitchen will work in partnership with the Diocese of Knoxville parishes to support their missions and ministries within their respective communities to supply food boxes and food vouchers. We will serve those neighbors whose jobs are furloughed or now eliminated; the homeless who are often overlooked; families whose children have previously received meals through schools and camps; immigrant families whose dreams are to become U.S. citizens; and any others in need.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.