Empowered by the grace of Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of East Tennessee, founded in 1989, addresses the unmet needs of the most vulnerable of our region by providing shelter, nourishment, counseling and education, in order to foster human dignity and hope.
Our programs benefiting from #iGiveCatholic and The Big Give are HOPE Kitchen, Office of Immigrant Services, Horizon House/Five Rivers Community Supportive Housing, and the Pregnancy Help Centers.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.