Horizon Houses 1 & 2 and Five Rivers House provide permanent supportive housing for adults with chronic and severe mental illness. Catholic Charities staff provide non-medical case management services to residents. The goal of the program is to allow clients to be as independent as possible within a safe and home-like environment.
Our adult group home residents benefit from residential neighborhood settings; each home features up to 8 private bedrooms. Horizon and Five Rivers' group homes are in Knoxville, Maryville and Morristown.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.
Administrative Office • The Regas Building • 318 N. Gay Street, Ste. 100 • Knoxville, TN 37917 • 865-524-9896