AmeriCorps VISTA members bring passion and perseverance where the need is greatest: to organizations that help eradicate poverty. Being a Catholic Charities of East Tennessee AmeriCorps VISTA member is about making a tangible difference in the East Tennessee region dealing with challenges: poverty, inequity, homelessness, and lack of access to education. VISTA members provide vital capacity-building service for our organization.
As a VISTA member, you will serve in a project identified and managed by Catholic Charities of East Tennessee while earning a modest living allowance that reflects the income level of the community where you are serving.
Step 1: Create a profile on my.americorps.gov
Step 2: Search for CCETN openings (as listed below) under the “AmeriCorps VISTA” program type on the my.americorps.gov portal
Step 3: Apply by submitting an application
Step 4: If selected by the site supervisor, you will be contacted for an interview within 10 days of submitting application
Step 5: If selected for the position, you will attend training and begin your year of service.
Nora Kennedy - Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator
Leta Rowan - Citizenship Outreach Coordinator
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.