Our mission, consistent with Catholic teaching, is to place children for adoption in loving, stable homes where they can grow, and families can thrive.
• Every child has a right to life from the first moment of conception.
• The best interest of the child is our guiding principle in all decisions.
• An adoption plan designed by the Birth Parents should provide a loving stable home which promotes the child’s development and spiritual growth.
• Openness among the participants of the adoption triangle is desirable.
Serving all 36 counties within the Diocese
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment.
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse.
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby.
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues.
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families.