Empowered by the grace of Jesus Christ, Catholic Charities of East Tennessee fosters human dignity of the vulnerable in our region through shelter, counseling, education, advocacy, and reverence for life.
CCETN provides services to anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of race, income or religion; we estimate that fewer than 5 percent of all clients served are Catholic.
No person shall, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful or discrimination under any program or activity.
- Incorporated in 1989, CCETN was founded to provide social services to East Tennessee.
- Member of Catholic Charities USA, the largest social service agency in the U.S.
- One in ten persons living at or below the federal poverty guidelines are served by Catholic Charities annually.
- Catholic Charities of East Tennessee served more than 3322 individuals last year.
- We offer nine innovative programs to serve anyone with demonstrated need, regardless of religious affiliation.
- We estimate that fewer than 5% of the neighbors we serve Catholic.
- Children who are victims of abuse, neglect, or other endangerment
- Seniors, including the homebound, the homeless, and victims of elder abuse
- Women and men preparing for the arrival of an unplanned baby
- Homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS or with chronic mental health issues
- Families in hardship, including immigrants, refugees, and rural Appalachian families